The skincare industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. However effective these products are, they are not enough to stop aging. The best way to do it is by living a healthy lifestyle and resorting to cosmetic treatments, specifically dermal fillers.
Aging is natural, but nobody wants that. It is a natural process of life, but it is not something that we want to happen. We all want to stay young and beautiful forever. But the unfortunate truth is that aging is unpreventable.
We all know that aging starts from the inside out. The skin ages because of the changes in hormones and other chemicals in the body. The skin cells are no longer as elastic as they used to be, and they start to lose their ability to regenerate themselves quickly enough for us to maintain a youthful appearance.
You can slow it down by living a healthier lifestyle, but what if signs of aging are already there? For this dilemma, you need to resort to cosmetic treatments. Thankfully, cosmetic treatments no longer mean surgical methods.
Just through several injections, you can restore your youth. That’s what dermal fillers do.
Skincare products only fix the surfaces, and they are not a cure for anything. The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and it is also the most exposed to environmental factors. Skincare products are designed to protect and maintain the health of this organ, but they cannot fix aging.
Aging is a deep skin issue, so skincare products are not enough. What you need is a treatment that dives deep into the skin layers. And one of the treatments that take advantage of this fact is dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers are a type of cosmetic filler injected into the skin to improve the appearance of wrinkles and folds.
Dermal fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body. It goes deep into the skin and stimulates your body’s growth and healing factors. Once these growth and healing factors are there, they slowly rejuvenate the skin, providing a youthful and vibrant look.
Dermal fillers can effectively plump up thin lips, reduce wrinkles around the mouth, and make other facial features appear more youthful. All of these benefits without undergoing surgery; what’s not to love about it?
Different Types Of Dermal Fillers
There are many different types of dermal fillers available on the market today. The most common types include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): HA dermal fillers are made from a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid that has been purified and processed for medical use. The filler can be injected into the skin or applied as a cream or gel.
- Collagen: Collagen is a protein that exists all over the human body. It is the most abundant protein in the body, and it makes up about 30% of all proteins. Collagen can effectively fill wrinkles and lines on the face. It also can fill scars or other skin imperfections.
- Polylactic acid (PLA): PLA Dermal Fillers are a biodegradable polymer, which means they will break down over time and not cause any harm to the body. It’s also effective in filling in wrinkles and folds on the skin.
- Polyacrylamide (PAA): PAA is a synthetic polymer ingredient common in dermal filler brands. It is a biocompatible material that has been there for decades in the medical field. PAA dermal fillers are injected into the skin to create volume and reduce wrinkles. They are also used to correct scars, folds, and other irregularities on the skin surface.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA): The use of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) dermal fillers is common in the cosmetic industry. The procedure involves injecting CaHA into the skin with a needle. The filler is then left to sit for a few minutes before being massaged into the skin. The filler can be injected in multiple areas of the face at once or injected one area at a time.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Different dermal filler brands have used different formulas to restore the skin’s youthfulness and vibrancy. However, how do dermal fillers really work? How does it restore your youth and the skin’s health?
Although these companies use different formulas, their core principle remains the same: to increase collagen production. Collagen is one of the numerous proteins in your body, and it exists in the skin, bones, ligaments, tendons, and hair.
So why increase collagen production? Collagen is your skin’s support structure in your skin, keeping it healthy, firm, and plump. However, due to aging, collagen production plummets. So the skin collapses and crumbles, creating the infamous signs of aging.
Dermal fillers jump-start collagen production again by applying their formulas deep into the skin.
What Can You Expect For The Treatment?
Dermal filler treatment is a non-invasive treatment, and it’s a quick in and then out of the office. It won’t take long, and you can go back to your daily routine as soon as you are out of the office.
But if you want to learn more, here is what you can expect for the treatment.
Finding the right dermal filler provider and setting an appointment is the first thing you would do. We recommend checking reviews and before and after photos from their previous clients.
Do not hesitate to be wary; this is, after all, your body. Better stay safe than sorry.
During your consultation, your provider will discuss what to expect for the treatment. There, you can also discuss what your goals are and ask your questions if you have one. They might also ask for your medical history to check if you have allergies or not.
Finally, we get into the treatment. It’s a fairly straightforward treatment.
Clean the area and apply some anesthesia. Next, your provider will use the dermal fillers through several injections. Once that’s done, you will notice that your face plumps, but it will go away the very same day.
Don’t worry because the plump disappears because it is absorbed into the body. After a few weeks, the collagen starts to grow and fill the skin, giving you a plump, firm, vibrant, and youthful appearance.
The dermal fillers’ benefits are undoubtedly practical, and it provides you a youthful and vibrant look despite the treatment taking a few minutes. If you are interested, make sure to reach out to Kora Aesthetic. They offer non-surgical solutions with natural beauty in mind.